We are looking for a new person to join our team!
Job type: Permanent
- Flexible work culture
- 25 days holiday
- Be part of an innovative and fast-paced organisation
Hours: Full time, Standard hours 9:00 – 5:30 with flexibility
Location: Remote based role with the expectation of you coming to the London (Kings Cross) office for 1 day a month (following initial training and onboarding period).
About Life Lessons
In our current climate, violence and sexual harassment is rife in today’s society. Evidence based relationships and sex education (RSE) can reduce violence by a fifth. However, schools lack the support and guidance to ensure this subject is relatable, inclusive and responsive to pupil’s needs.
Life Lessons is an award-winning, impact driven education organisation which supports schools to deliver a whole school approach to relationships, sex and health education.
We do this to help young people make good decisions, be healthy and navigate the emotional and social complexities of life.
Since we launched in 2021, we are now partnered with over 200 schools all across the UK. We have a growing and multi-skilled team and advisory board.
Innovation for us at Life Lessons means listening to young people, teachers and experts in education, to understand their challenges. To work collaboratively to deliver creative and realistic solutions that are evidence based and usable in highly varied education environments.
Working with the Product Director and Co-Founder this role is all about delivering innovation. You will conduct research, prioritise product needs, manage and deliver upon our roadmap. Alongside this you will support all teams to deliver strategic projects that help Life Lessons make large strides forward with our impact and growth.
Your day-to-day responsibilities
You will work closely with the Product Director to:
- Deliver our product and learning vision
- Develop youth advisory groups to ensure we listen to young people from across the UK
- Connect our development priorities with the work of noted academic researchers so everything we do is rigorous and based in evidence of impact
- Collaborate with our School Partnership Manager to conduct observations and focus groups in development partner schools
- Help us qualify the change we are bringing to education (as described in our theory of change)
- Establish feedback mechanisms to always improve our materials
- Maintain our development roadmap
- Deliver strategic projects/programmes through the coordination of project teams, constructing delivery plans, milestone completion, track progress and ensure projects keep to time and budget
- Communication progress to stakeholders
This role is for you if…
- You care deeply about our mission!
- You can balance detailed delivery while maintaining an eye on the change we are looking to bring
- You enjoy solving important problems in creative, evidence informed ways
- You enjoy collating and working with evidence that can then be turned into useful tools for schools
- You enjoy meeting and listening with new people
- You enjoy owning projects and working collaboratively to deliver important work
- You are persistent and rigorous with your tasks and time management
- You have an understanding of the education sector and the challenges faced by teachers/leaders
- You enjoy using technology including project tracking tools
- You can communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- You are energised by the thought of being a member of our start-up team contributing to our growth
How do I apply? Please send your CV and supporting statement which explains why you are interested in this role to email@example.com. We encourage you to send something that demonstrates your skills. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to help.